ETHNOGRAPHIC PARK. LARGE OPEN-AIR MUSEUM.
For more information and bookings, please contact the activities company directly
- Address: C/ Chacona s/n 38500 Güímar - Tenerife
- Web: http://www.piramidesdeguimar.es/es
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: +34 922 514 510
Advanced booking not required.
Closed on 25th December and 1st January.
Valid until 31/12/2019.
The Güímar Pyramids Ethnographic Park, nominated for the European Museum of the Year Award 2017, is a large open-air museum that brings together several open-air routes and specialised gardens around pyramidal structures facing the sun on key astronomical dates.
The Park, covering more than 64,000 m2, includes the Casa Chacona Museum, the Auditorium with a documentary on the theories of Thor Heyerdahl, founder of the Ethnographic Park, and Expeditions Room where you can learn about his incredible transoceanic expeditions.
There are also four outdoor routes:
- The Botanical Route presents dozens of endemic species of the Canarian flora.
- The Exports Route shows those products that represented the sustenance of the Canarian people throughout the last five centuries.
- The Cultural Route reveals aspects of Canarian history, culture and ethnography.
- The Volcanic Route shows the volcanic origin of the archipelago and its volcanic episodes.
In addition, we can discover the Poisonous Garden, a specialised garden unique in the Canary Islands with more than 70 species of toxic and even deadly plants. Also noteworthy is the Sustainable Garden, created in collaboration with the University of La Laguna, inspired by a typical Canarian ravine.
Large landscaped and leisure areas with children's playground, cafeteria, shop, etc.
Visit "Pyramids and more"
- Adults: 12.50€
- Children (7 to 12 years old): 5.50€
- Adults: 18€
- Childre (7 to 12 years old): 6.50€